On 18-4-2016, Shop n Save Market sold the following item :
Name of Item
The customer submits Sodexo Gift Voucher worth Rs.250, pays Rs. 600 by credit card and Rs.218.75 by cash
In Tally.ERP 9, you can create a voucher type with voucher class as shown :
In F11: Statutory and Taxation Features,
In the Company VAT Details screen,
i. Create Voucher Type : POS Invoice with Class
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Voucher Types > Create
1. Type the name of the Voucher Type as POS Invoice with Class.
2. Select the Voucher Type as Sales from the List of Voucher Types.
3. Type the Abbreviation as POS.
4. Method of Voucher Numbering is set by default to Automatic, but can be set to Manual or None.
5. Set Use Advance Configuration to No.
6. Set Use EFFECTIVE Dates for Voucher to No.
7. Set Make ‘Optional’ as Default to No.
8. Set Use Common narration and Narration for each entry to No.
9. Set Print after saving Voucher to Yes.
10. Set Use for POS Invoicing to Yes and press Enter.
11. You will find two additional fields for messages and can use them as per your requirements. Type Thank You and Visit Again in the Print Message 1 and Print Message 2 fields respectively.
12. Specify the Default Print Title as INVOICE.
13. Under Declaration, you can enter the statutory declaration if applicable. The same will be printed in the Tax Invoice.
14. Mention the Name of Class as POS Invoice and press Enter to view the Voucher Class screen.
15.Enter the details as given in the table
Default Ledger Accounts for
Paytm Gift Coupons (Sundry Debtor)
Credit/Debit Card Payment
16. Under Default Accounting Allocations for each Item in Invoice enter the following details.
17. Under Additional Accounting Entries to be added in Invoice, enter the following details.
19. Press Y or Enter to accept the Voucher Type creation screen
ii. Create Stock Item : Milk 500ML under FMCG with opening balance of 50 Nos.
1. Name: Milk 500ML
2. alias: Leave it blank
3. Under: FMCG
4. Units: Nos
5. Alter Standard Rates ?: Yes
7. Under Tax Information, enter the Rate of VAT(%) as 12.50
8. Enter the quantity as 50.
9. Tally.ERP 9 displays the Stock Item Allocation of: Milk 500ML. Select the Godown as Main Location and Quantity as 50 Nos. Leave the other fields blank.
iii. Make an entry of the transaction in a Sales Voucher.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales Voucher
1. Select the voucher type as POS Invoice with Class.
2. Select Voucher Class as POS INVOICE
3. Press F2 and change the date to 18.4.2016
4. Tally.ERP 9 displays the Godown as Main Location.
5. Name of Item: Milk 500ML
6. Quantity: 10 Nos
Tally.ERP 9 automatically calculates and displays the Rate, Amount and VAT details.
7. Enter the payment details as follows :
Paytm Gift Coupons
Card No.: 1111111111111111
Axis Bank Ltd.
Cash Tendered: 300 (Tally.ERP 9 calculates and displays the balance amount 81.25)
8. Press Y or Enter to accept the screen.
The printed POS Invoice displays as shown :
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com