In Tally.ERP 9, stock journals are used for the following purposes:
- To record the stages in the manufacturing process.
- To record the transfer of materials between godowns.
- To record the consumption of materials for Job Costing.
Create one new Voucher Type and two Voucher Classes to deal with the scenarios in a manufac- turing as well as non-manufacturing environment.
- Create Manufacturing Journal Voucher Type
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Voucher Types > Create
- Enter Manufacturing Journal as Name of the Voucher Type.
- Select the Type of Voucher as Stock Journal from the list of voucher types.
- Type the Abbr. as Mfg.
- Select the Method of Voucher Numbering as Automatic.
- By default Use Common narration is set to Yes.
- Set Use as a Manufacturing Journal to Yes
The completed Voucher Type creation screen appears as shown below: