How to create a Godown/Location in Tally.ERP 9 ?
2. In the Name field, give the name of the location.
3. Give an alias for the name, if required.
4. Give the address, if required. (In the Godown Creation screen, press F12: Configuration > set Use ADDRESSES for Godowns to Yes).
5. Give the location under which this location is to be sub-grouped. Use [Alt]+[C] to create the parent location. Select primary if it is not a child of any location.
Allow Storage of Materials?
6. Set the option Allow Storage of Materials? as Yes, to store material in this location and not act just as a virtual location.
Tally permits you to create a location/godown where you may not store materials at all but treat it as a virtual location. Virtual locations are useful in cases like the Head Office which may have many different stock points under it that stores materials. Hence, the Head Office acts like a primary group location. For example, designate London as a virtual location with Wimbledon Warehouse, Harrow Warehouse, Brixton Warehouse as sublocations/ godowns which allow the storage of materials.
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com