In Tally.ERP 9, stock journals are used for the following purposes:
‡ To record the stages in the manufacturing process.
‡ To record the transfer of materials between godowns.
‡ To record the consumption of materials for Job Costing.
Create one new Voucher Type and two Voucher Classes to deal with the scenarios in a manufac- turing as well as non-manufacturing environment.
i. Create Manufacturing Journal Voucher Type
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Voucher Types > Create
1. Enter Manufacturing Journal as Name of the Voucher Type.
2. Select the Type of Voucher as Stock Journal from the list of voucher types.
3. Type the Abbr. as Mfg.
4. Select the Method of Voucher Numbering as Automatic.
5. By default Use Common narration is set to Yes.
6. Set Use as a Manufacturing Journal to Yes.