When the order is received from a customer for goods to be supplied, the Items, quantities, date of delivery, etc., details are given with Sales Order Number. Later when these goods are delivered, this Sales Order is tracked for the order Details either in the delivery note or in the sales invoice.
To enable Sales Order and Purchase Order Processing in Tally.ERP 9, activate the following in F11: Features (F2: Inventory Features)
Set Allow Purchase Order Processing and Allow Sales Order Processing to Yes in the Order Processing section.
Enter a Sales Order on 2-7-2017 on WinLab Technologies (vide Order No. WT/5) for 4,000 pcs of Bricks @ ₹. 5 /brick. The due date is 1-8-2017 and GST @ 5% is applicable.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F5: Sales Order.
1. Date: 2-7-2017.
2. Party's A/c Name: WinLab Technologies
3. Order No: Enter WT/5 - The voucher number is automatically displayed here but you are allowed to change it, because this particular Order No. field is for the customer's order number which is most likely to be different from the voucher number.
4. Name of the item: Bricks. Press Enter and the Item allocation sub-screen appears.
Due on: 1-8-2017. The due date for delivery of the item. This will enable monitoring of out- standing deliveries. The order can be split for delivery on different dates.
Quantity, Rate and Amount – 4000 Pcs @ 5 per Pc allocate to Sales Account (create it if not present)
5. Press Enter on the blank field to take the cursor to the tax/ expense field.
6. Select Output CGST & Output SGST (Create it under Duties & taxes with 0% of Calculation i.e. Don’t assign any GST % ).
7. Type the narration as Sales Order entry as on 2ND. July 2017.
The completed Sales Order appears as shown below :
8. Press Y or Enter to accept the screen and return to the Gateway of Tally.
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com