Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales. You will notice that the Quantities column is divided into two columns, viz. Actual and Billed.
On 2-8-2017, make a purchase invoice from Parvathi Stockers for the following items which are NIL Rated :
Name of the Item
(in ₹. )
Create a new stock item as Rice with the following details :
Group it under stock group Foodstuffs
Unit of Measure - kgs (kilos) with decimal places - 3 (create if not present).
Accept the master creation without any opening balance and return to the Gateway of Tally.
1. Enter a Purchase invoice on 2-8-2017 on Parvathi stockers.
2. Price level - Not Applicable
3. Select Rice under Name of Item
4. Type Actual Quantity as 110 kgs and Billed Quantity as 100 kgs
5. Specify the Rate as ₹. 25 and the value appears as ₹.. 2500 (billed quantity * rate).
6. Allocate to Purchases ledger and press Enter.
7. Press Enter and accept the purchase invoice. The Purchase invoice amounts to ₹.. 4,000 (Rice - ₹.. 2500 and Wheat - ₹.. 1500).
Go to Gateway of Tally > Stock Summary
Tally.ERP 9 displays 110 kgs of Rice stock item because this is the quantity that we have actually received from the party. In case of Wheat the quantity appears as 60 kgs.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Account Books > Purchase Register
Press Enter for August Month.
Press Alt+F1 to display the stock summary in detailed format
Press F12: Configure and activate the option Show Inventory Details also
The inventory details display 110 kgs for the stock item Rice, because this is the quantity that the party has billed us for. (We have received 110 kgs of Rice i.e, the actual quantity. We will be making the payment for only 100 kgs i.e., the billed quantity). Therefore, the actual quantity affects the inventory books while the billed quantity reflects in the accounting books.
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com