Can I generate Cash Deposit slips from Tally.ERP 9? If Yes. What is the procedure to print cash deposit slips?
Tally.ERP 9 allows users to generate cash deposit slip for depositing cash into a bank on any particular date. The Cash Deposit Slip option in the Banking menu is used to generate cash deposit slips, bank-wise.
The Cash Deposit Slip provided in Tally.ERP 9 has all the contents of cash deposit slip – Account Number, Account Holder Name, Bank Name, Branch Name (information is fetched automatically from Bank ledger), Company’s Telephone Number, (information is fetched automatically from Company Creation screen), and Cash Denomination Details (information is fetched automatically from Contra voucher), so that user will not have to manually enter all the details.
For Example: On 25-6-2012, ABC Company is going to deposit cash of Rs. 25000 to HDFC Bank and wants to generate Cash deposit Slip from Tally.ERP 9
To generate Cash Deposit Slips, follow the given steps:
Step 1: Record a Contra voucher
1. Select the Bank Ledger into which the cash is deposited in Accounts filed.
2. Under Particulars,select Cash ledger and enter the amount to be deposited in Amount field.
3. In Bank Allocations screen, Cash will be displayed as Transaction Type.
4. Press Enter from Amount field to view the Cash Denominations screen, here you can specify the Cash Denomination Details.
5. Press Enter to return to the main voucher entry screen.
Completed Contra voucher appears as shown:
Step 2: Printing Cash Deposit Slip
To Print Cash Deposits slip for the contra voucher recorded:
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Banking > Deposits Slip > Cash Deposit Slip > select the required Bank account from the List of Bank.
The Cash Deposit Slip screen displays the list of transactions for the bank selected.
To print Cash Deposit Slip for selected transactions,
2. Press Spacebar to select required transaction(s).
3. Click Print or Press Alt+P.
The Printing Cash Deposit Slip screen appears.
Date of Printing: The date that has to be printed on the Cash Deposit Slip has to be specified in this field. By default, the current system date is displayed. Usually, this date will be the date on which the actual deposit of the cash into the bank will be made.
Space to leave on Top (default 0.5 inches): This is the space between the top of the page and the Title (First Line on the page). User can specify the dimension as per requirement
To print Company's Telephone Number and PAN/IT Number set the options, Print Company's Telephone Number and Print Company’s PAN/IT Number to Yes.
Press Enter to Accept.
A new screen will appear where Cash Denomination details can be specified for individual transaction, as shown:
By default, it will take the cash denominations specified in the Contra voucher. If the Cash Denominations are different during actual cash deposit in bank, click on No or press Nor Esc and enter the Cash Denomination details.
The Cash Deposit Slip is displayed as shown: