1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation
2. Set Enable Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) to Yes in the Company Operations Alteration screen as below :
3. Enable the option Set/alter TDS details ? to display TDS Deductor Details screen as below :
Please enter all details in Company TDS Deductor Details as above.
Press F12 : Advanced Configure in above Screen for Configure TDS as below :
>> All the organisation types will appear in the Collector/Deductor Type list for the option Deductor Type
>> All Surcharges details applicable to TDS will be enable in second option
>> The Third Option is to enable display of the alternate contact details of TDS
For payments attracting TDS, the relevant nature of payment is defined by the department with associated tax rate, section, payment code, and threshold limit. Few Examples are given below …
Nature of Payment
Average Rate Applicable
Rent on Plant and Machinery
Rent on Land, Building, Houses, Offices etc.
10% by Company in excess of Rs.2,40,000
5% by Individual . HUF, Businessman in excess of Rs.50,000
Payment to Contractor / Sub-contractor
Payment in respect of life insurance policy
Payment in respect of Deposit under NSS
Commission or Brokerage
Sum paid by way of Fees for Professional Services
While creating a TDS Nature of Payment, you can press Ctrl+C to select the required nature of payment.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > TDS Nature of Pymts > Create
2. Press F12. Set Allow to PAN tax rate to Yes, to enter the tax rates for Individual / HUF for each nature of payment.
3. Press Ctrl+C to view the list of Nature of Payment and Select the required Nature of Payment.
4. Enter the Rate of TDS for With PAN and Without PAN . The same appears in Rate for other deductee types .
5. Enter the Threshold/exemption limit as applicable .
6. Press Enter to save the details.
You can create or alter an Ledger for your business expenses, along with the applicable TDS.
On 1.4.2020, Swayam Sales paid to N. Jatania & Co Rs.5,00,000 as Rent
Enable the option Is TDS Applicable ? and also Select the Nature of Payment from the List of Nature of Payments
The Ledger Alternation screen appears as shown below:
>> Enable the option Is TDS Deductible ? and Select a Deductee Type from the List and also Enable Deduct TDS in Same Voucher , if required
Note: TDS Rate will be 10% due to PAN is available and mention here, otherwise 20% will be calculated.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the Name and Select Duties and Taxes as the group name in the Under field, then Select TDS as the Type of Duty/Tax.
3. Select a Nature of Payment from the List of Nature of Payments.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F7: Journal and pass the Journal Entry as below :
Note : Out of Rs.5,00,000 towards Rent Paid to N. Jatania & Co, only Rs.4,50,000 is credited to party account and Rs. 50,000 ( i.e. 10% TDS) is transferred to TDS on Rent automatically and which is payable under Duties & Taxes.
You can create an accounting voucher for advance payments made directly or by a third-party, along with the applicable TDS.
On 01-08-2020, Swayam Sales paid an Advance of Rs. 1,00,000 on Rent to N. Jatania & Co. by cheque of Axis Bank Ltd.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F5: Payment
Payment Voucher appears as shown below :
Note : When selecting TDS tax ledger, the TDS amount will automatically filled in the Amount field with Minus symbol (-) to deduct from the Advance amount i.e. 10% on Amount paid.
You can record a payment transaction with inclusion of the necessary TDS to be paid to the government.
On 1-9-2020, Swayam Sales paid TDS deducted in the month of August 2020 of Rs.60,000 to the Government directly by cheque of Axis Bank Ltd.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Click S : Stat Payment .
3. Select TDS as the Tax Type .
4. Enter the Period From and To dates.
5. Enter the Deducted Till Date .
6. Select the Section from the List of Section .
7. Select the required Nature of Payment .
8. Select the Deductee Status .
9. Select the Residential Status .
10. Select either bank or cash ledger in the Cash/Bank field. The payment voucher will be automatically filled with the relevant values. The Statutory Payment Details screen appears as shown below:
The Payment invoice appears as shown below automatically:
14. Press Enter or Press Ctrl+A to save the invoice.
Bill of Materials (BoM) in TallyERP9
e-Way Bill using Tally.ERP9
Price Levels and Price List in TallyERP9
Purchase of Capital Goods with GST in Purchase Voucher (F9) in Tally.ERP9
Purchase of ‘Nil-Rated’ , ‘Exempted’, Items & Goods using Tally.ERP9
Purchase Order Processing in TallyERP9
Record Expenses with GST in Purchase Voucher (F9) in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Goods and Services in a Single Invoice with multiple GST Rate in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Inclusive of Tax Rate in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Separate Actual and Billed Quantity Columns in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Zero Valued Entries (Free Products) in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Nil-Rated, Exempted Supplies of Items and Goods using Tally.ERP9
Sales Order Processing in TallyERP9
TDS (Tax Deducted At Source) using TallyERP9
Cost Centre and Cost Category in TallyERP9
You may also like....
GST on Advance Received from Customer in TallyERP9
GST on Reverse Charge Mechanism -RCM (Purchase from Unregistered Dealer) using TallyERP9
GST Sale of a Composite Supply (Sale of Items & Goods with Expenses Apportioning) in Tally.ERP9
Setting MRP details in Stock Items with GST using Tally.ERP9
Setting Nil-Rated, Exempted, Zero-Rated & Non-GST Items & Goods using Tally.ERP9
Splitting Company Data in TallyERP9 based on Financial Year
Stock Units of Measure (Simple / Compound) in TallyERP9
Year-end Processing with Data Transfer to Next Financial Year in TallyERP9
Shortcut Keys in TallyERP9
GSTR-1 Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
GSTR-2 Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
GSTR-3B Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com