Stock Items are mainly purchased and sold on the basis of quantity. The quantity in turn is measured by units. You can measure the Stock Item by Units, like money is measured in Currency. For example, Liters, Meters, Kilograms, Pieces, Box, Dozen, etc. Units can be classified under the following types :
1. Gateway of Tally.ERP9 g Inventory Info g Units of Measure g Create.
This field will show the Type of Units.
Simple units are Nos, Pcs , and so on. Compound unit is a combination of two simple units.
By default Tally.ERP 9 will show the Simple unit for creating the unit of measure.
You can select the Compound Units by clicking on that field or by using SHIFT+TAB [cursor will go to the previous field].
2. Define the Symbol of the unit, for example, Nos. This symbol is used in all displays and printouts.
3. Specify the Formal Name of the symbol, for example, Numbers.
4. Unit Quantity Code (UQC) is a uniform measuring unit used by the department for measuring quantity in the returns filed. UQCs are used to maintain consistency and prevent variations in quantities in the returns filed by different businesses. This requires the businesses to measure the quantities of items using the UQC from the list given by the department.
Using Tally.ERP 9, you can map your unit of measurement to the UQC given by the department, and file the returns.
5. In this field you can specify the Number decimal places for the Units from 0 to 4. This field is useful for Units measured in fractions.
For example, Kilogram unit. 1.255 Kgs, here 1 is for Kg and fraction 255 is for gram. For this unit, number of decimal places required is 3
A Compound Unit is a relation between two Simple Units. Hence, before you create a Compound Unit, ensure that you have already created two Simple Units.
For example, To Create Compound unit – Doz (Dozen) of 12 Nos (Numbers), you have to create two simple units, Doz (Dozen) and Nos (Numbers) and set the conversion factor as 12.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info > Units of Measure > Create.
The Unit Creation screen is displayed as shown. Now Click on Type field or Press SHIFT + TAB or Press Backspace Key.
2. Select Compound from the Types of Units and press Enter. The Conversion field will be displayed for creating Compound unit.
3. Select the First unit from the Units List. In the above example, Dozen will be the First Unit.
4. Specify the Conversion Factor. In the above example, Conversion factor will be 12.
5. Specify the Second Unit from the Units List. In the above example, Number will be the Second Unit. This unit is also called Tail Unit.
6. Use CTRL + A or Accept the Screen for Saving of Compound Unit Creation.
You can Alter / Delete the Units Of Measurement created in Tally.ERP 9.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Units of Measure > Alter .
2. Select the Name of Unit you want to alter from the Units list. The Unit Alteration screen appears as shown below:
3. Make the necessary changes.
4. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
You can delete a Unit Of Measure by pressing Alt+D .
However, a unit of measure that is part of a compound measure cannot be deleted without deleting the compound measure first.
Create the following Unit of Measurements….
Bill of Materials (BoM) in TallyERP9
e-Way Bill using Tally.ERP9
Price Levels and Price List in TallyERP9
Purchase of Capital Goods with GST in Purchase Voucher (F9) in Tally.ERP9
Purchase of ‘Nil-Rated’ , ‘Exempted’, Items & Goods using Tally.ERP9
Purchase Order Processing in TallyERP9
Record Expenses with GST in Purchase Voucher (F9) in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Goods and Services in a Single Invoice with multiple GST Rate in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Inclusive of Tax Rate in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Separate Actual and Billed Quantity Columns in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Items and Goods with Zero Valued Entries (Free Products) in Tally.ERP9
Sale of Nil-Rated, Exempted Supplies of Items and Goods using Tally.ERP9
Sales Order Processing in TallyERP9
TDS (Tax Deducted At Source) using TallyERP9
Cost Centre and Cost Category in TallyERP9
You may also like....
GST on Advance Received from Customer in TallyERP9
GST on Reverse Charge Mechanism -RCM (Purchase from Unregistered Dealer) using TallyERP9
GST Sale of a Composite Supply (Sale of Items & Goods with Expenses Apportioning) in Tally.ERP9
Setting MRP details in Stock Items with GST using Tally.ERP9
Setting Nil-Rated, Exempted, Zero-Rated & Non-GST Items & Goods using Tally.ERP9
Splitting Company Data in TallyERP9 based on Financial Year
Stock Units of Measure (Simple / Compound) in TallyERP9
Year-end Processing with Data Transfer to Next Financial Year in TallyERP9
Shortcut Keys in TallyERP9
GSTR-1 Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
GSTR-2 Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
GSTR-3B Report to File GST Return using Tally.Erp9
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com