Any money received from debtors against sales Invoices or on Account and for all transactions where money is received are accounted or entered into TallyPrime using the Receipt Voucher.
For example, if your company receives money from a customer for an earlier transaction say sales, and the same is passed through a Receipt Voucher:
Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > F6 : Receipt displays the Receipt Voucher.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > F6 (Receipt Vouchers)
Transactions : A Cheque of ₹ 5000 towards interest on Bank Deposit received and deposited in State Bank of India.
All Payment or Receipt are of two types….either Cash or Bank ( may be NEFT/Debit Card/ Credit Card/Direct Transfer)
Voucher Classes are available for all major voucher types like Contra, Payment, Receipt, Journal, Sales, Credit Note, Purchases, Debit Note, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Delivery Note, and Stock Journal.
So, we can create two Classes – Cash Payment/Receipt & Bank Payment/Receipt.
Let’s we create a Two Class in case of Payment Voucher:
Alter the Payment Voucher Type
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Alter > type or select Voucher Type > and Select Payment then Press Enter
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Alter Master > Voucher Type > and select Payment then press Enter.
2. Retain the rest of the fields as they are.
3. In the Voucher Type alternation screen, write ‘Cash Payment’ in the Name of Class field.
4. Ensure that voucher type class is defined as shown in figure.
5. Make an entry of the transaction in a Paymnet Voucher – Voucher Class Cash Payment
Go to Gateway of Tally à Vouchers à F5 : Payment àSelect ‘Cash Payment’ under Voucher Class List
Ensure that the Payment Voucher entries are as given in the Figure:
In this case, No Cash Ledger has to be select at the time of Payment Voucher Entry.
© 2021 : www.tallyerp9book.com