i. Make an entry of the transaction in a sales voucher.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
1. Select the voucher type as POS Invoice.
2. Click on the button Single Mode Payment on the vertical button bar.
3. Press F2 and change the date to 6-4-2009.
4. Enter the POS Invoice No.
5. Select the Godown as Main Location
6. Select the sales ledger as Sales.
7. Select the Name of Item as Olive Oil.
8. (Alternatively, the bar code on the stock item can be scanned with the help of the bar code reader and all the details are captured automatically. This is useful when there are numerous stock items and manual entry of each item proves to be a time consuming task.)
9. By default, Tally.ERP 9 displays the rate and amount for one unit of the stock item selected.
To change the quantity, use the backspace key to shift the cursor on to the quantity column.
Type 9 and press Enter to update the rate and amount details
10. In the columns pertaining to payment details, Tally.ERP 9 shows the amount receivable,
1,350. In the field Cash Tendered, enter the cash tendered by the customer, which is 1,500. Tally.ERP 9 automatically calculates and displays the balance amount to be refunded as 150 in the Balance field.
11. Enter the narration if required