2. Creating POS Voucher Type
The first step to enable POS Invoicing in Tally.ERP 9 is to create a POS Invoice Voucher Type. Using Voucher class, you can pre-define accounts, limit the list of ledgers for selection during voucher entry, automate ledger posting associated with stock items and create auto selection for duties, discounts and rounding off.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Voucher Types > Create
In the Voucher Creation screen,
1. Type the Name of Voucher Type as POS Invoice.
2. Select the Voucher Type as Sales from the list of voucher types.
3. Type the Abbreviation as POS.
4. Method of Voucher Numbering is set by default to Automatic, but can be set to Manual or
5. Set Use Advance Configuration to Yes. Tally.ERP 9 displays the Secondary Voucher Type
Creation screen. Accept the default screen.
6. Set Use EFFECTIVE Dates for Vouchers to No.
7. Set Make ‘Optional’ as Default to No.
8. Set Use Common narration and Narration for each entry to No.
9. Set Print after saving Voucher to Yes.
10.Set Use for POS Invoicing to Yes and press Enter.
11.You will find two additional fields for messages and can use them as per your requirements.
Type Thank You and Visit Again in the Print Message 1 and Print Message 2 fields respec- tively.
12.Specify the Default Print Title as INVOICE.
13.Under Declaration, you can enter the statutory declaration if applicable. The same will be printed in the Tax Invoice. For this exercise, leave it blank.
14.The Name of Class field is left blank as the Voucher Type is created without voucher class. The completed POS Invoice Voucher Type screen appears as shown.