Accounting vouchers will update only Accounts, but Inventory vouchers will update both Accounts and Inventory. Inventory vouchers record the receipt and issue of goods/stock (Movement of goods), the transfer of stock between locations and physical stock adjustments.
If you have not integrated accounts with inventory, inventory vouchers will not have any impact on the Balance Sheet stock figures. The stock balances will be maintained separately.
Set the option Integrate Accounts and Inventory to Yes in F11: Features : F1: Accounting Features/Inventory Features.
After going through this unit, you will be able to:
Record stock delivered to parties using a Delivery Note
Generate a purchase order register using Purchase Orders
Generate a sales order register and keep track of records using Sales Order vouchers
Effectively use Receipt Note, Rejection In and Rejection Out vouchers
Adjust stocks using a Stock Journal
Tally.ERP 9 is preprogrammed with a variety of Inventory Vouchers, each designed to perform a different job. Some of them are available after configuration (F11). This voucher is available from:
Gateway of Tally.ERP 9 Inventory Voucher
Standard vouchers are as follows:
1. Delivery Note: This is available after configuring F11 feature of tracking number. It is useful for delivery of materials to customers, agents, third party or any other delivery of material.
2. Physical Stock: It is useful for physical stock verification.
3. Purchase Order: Available after configuration of features F11. It is useful for placing order to the vendor for purchase of materials.
4. Sales Order: Available after configuration of features F11. It is useful for accepting order from a customer for the sale of materials.
5. Receipt Note: Available after configuration of features F11 of tracking number. It is useful for receiving back of materials returned by the customer, agent, third party, etc.
6. Rejection In: Available after configuration of features F11 of tracking number. It is useful for receiving back materials returned by the customer, agent, third party, etc.
7. Rejection Out: Available after configuration of features F11 of rejection note, it is useful for returning back of materials to the supplier, agent, third party, etc.
8. Stock Journal: Adjustment of stock.