Illustration for POS
Consider M/s Swayam Plaza, a leading Retail chain, which deals in Grocery Products including Fresh Foods, ready to eat Food and other Non-Food items.
Step 1 : Creating Voucher Type
The First Step to enable POS Invoicing is to create a POS Invoice Voucher Type. Using Voucher class, you can pre-define accounts, limit the list of ledgers for selection during voucher entry, automate Ledger posting associated with Stock items and create auto selection for duties, discounts and rounding off.
Go to Gateway of Tally.ERP à Accounts Info à Voucher Types à Create
In the Voucher Creation screen,
The complete POS Invoice Voucher Type screen appears as shown :
- Type the name of the Voucher Type as “ POS Invoice”
- Select the Voucher Type as ‘Sales’ from the List of Voucher types.
- Type the abbreviation as ‘POS’
- Set Use for POS Invoicing to YES.
- Specify the Default Print Title as ‘INVOICE’
- Method of Voucher Numbering is set by default to Automate, but can be set to Manual or None
- The Start number field is set to 1 by default.
- Print after saving is set to YES by default. You have the option to set it to No.
- Use Common Narration will be by default set to NO.
- You will find Two Additional fields for messages and can use them as per your requirements. Type “Thank You – Visit Again” in the print message 1 field.