The total purchase invoice value amounted to Rs. 1,15,500. The above goods are stored in On- Site. A Cheque was paid from Bank Account immediately.
On the same day, 5 Nos of Television Flatoron is manufactured in On Site godown. Additional expenses of Rs. 3,000 and Rs. 2,000 was incurred towards Wages and Power respectively.
Step 1: Create Purchase Invoice
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F9: Purchase
1. Select the Party as Star Electronics
2. Allocate to Purchases Account
3. Select the items with the quantity and standard rates as given in the table above
4. Select the Godown as Onsite
5. Accept the entry
Step 2: Create Manufacturing Journal
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > Alt+F7: Stock Journal.
1. Select the Manufacturing Journal and ensure that the date is 21-12-2009.
2. Under the Name of Product to be manufactured, type Television Flatoron (you will notice the items given in the master as Bill of Materials appear automatically).
3. Manufacture it in On-Site.
4. Quantity to be manufactured - 5 (you will notice the rates of the items appear automatically).
5. Under Additional Cost Components, specify additional cost of Wages - 3,000 and Power -2,000 (If the ledger accounts for these expenses do not exist, create them under Direct Expenses).