If many items you sell have the same tax rate, specify the tax rate and other GST details in your sales ledger. Similarly, if the items you purchase have the same tax rates, update your purchase ledger.
If you sell items with multiple tax rates, you can still maintain a single Sales Ledger, and record all GST details at the stock item or stock group level. You can create a single Purchase Ledger similarly.
A. Creating a Sales Ledger : GST-Sales
To Create a Sales Ledger i.e. GST-Sales
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the Sales ledger i.e. GST-Sales
3. Select Sales Account from the List of Groups in the Under field.
4. Set the option Inventory values are affected? to Yes ,.
5. Is GST Applicable - Applicable.