Method of reconciliation for Opening balances.
- For a New company
where the opening balances are manually keyed in for the current
In this case, the opening balances cannot be reconciled, as the
opening balance is entered as per the company books and not
as per the bank book. A manual reconciliation statement has to
be maintained for the same. Bank
reconciliation can be done for the transactions which are entered and
form a part of the selected company.
- For a Company with more than
one financial years data
In this case, to reconcile the vouchers,
- Go to Gateway
of Tally > Display > Account Book > Cash/Bank Book > Select the Bank
- Drill down to the voucher register
- Press F5 or click F5: Reconcile, the unreconciled vouchers
of the previous year will also be displayed here.
- Key in the date of realisation as per the bank statement in the column "Bank Date" and
accept the screen.
- It is always suggested that you
reconcile the first month and then go for second, third, and so on. That
is, if the data base has the data from April 2009 till March 2010,
reconcile the vouchers for April 2009 first and then May 2009 and so