This error occurs when either ABK file or TABK file is missing
from their respective location or folder. Also, the error occurs due to
corrupted ABK or TABK file.
To fix this issue,
1. Press Alt+F1 or click F1:Shut Company from Gateway of Tally
2. Click F12: Configure button or press F12 > select Data Configuration
3. Set Enable Auto Backup Copy to No
4. Reload the company
Once the company loads
1. Go to the location of the TABK (Auto Backup
File) (specified in F12 : Data Configuration
2. Cut the TABK file from this folder
and paste it in another location or folder and restart Tally.ERP 9
3. Load the company again, go to F12 > Data Configuration, set Yes to Enable Auto Backup Copy and enter the previous location path in Location of Auto Backup file (TABK)
To avoid this in the future, ensure connectivity
between client and server is established. For this, follow the given steps:
1. Add Tally.exe, Tallyadmin.exe, *.tsf and *.900 to the program
exclusion list of the antivirus software in all the systems i.e server and client.
2. Ensure data folder is shared with full control for all network
3. Check the ping speed from client to server i.e ping IP address -t for example, Ping 192.168.2.254 -t and ensure that ping
speed is less than 3ms and there is no variation. Also, stop or uninstall the
unwanted services (if any) running in the server.
To check the ping speed,
1. Click Start button on your Windows desktop
2. Enter cmd in Search programs and files field and press Enter
3. In the Command Prompt, type ping 192.168.2.254 –t and
4. Press Enter
Note: If you are pinging server from client system,
enter server IP address and vice versa.