1. Go to Gateway
of Tally > Inventory Info. > Godowns >
2. In the Name field, give the name of
3. Give an alias for the name, if required.
4. Give the address, if required. (In the Godown Creation screen, press F12: Configuration > set Use ADDRESSES for Godowns to Yes).
5. Give the location under which this location is to be
sub-grouped. Use [Alt]+[C] to create the parent
location. Select primary if it is not a child of any location.
Allow Storage of Materials?
6. Set the option Allow Storage of
Materials? as Yes, to store material in this location
and not act just as a virtual location.
Tally permits you to create a location/godown where you may not store materials at all but treat it as a virtual location.
Virtual locations are useful in cases like the Head Office which may have many
different stock points under it that stores materials. Hence, the Head Office
acts like a primary group location. For example, designate London as a virtual
location with Wimbledon Warehouse, Harrow Warehouse, Brixton Warehouse as sublocations/ godowns which allow the storage of materials.
Accept to create the godown master.